Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jekyll Island: Get In Touch With Nature!

Are you visiting Jekyll Island, Georgia? Get out and experience their outdoor paradise by checking out 4-H Tidelands Nature Center. Rent a canoe or kayak, walk the trails, or fish in the saltwater pond. They have a small exhibit area complete with touch tanks!
 
We were given a canoe rental and we spent an hour paddling across the pond and back. You might see crab, jumping fish, and maybe a few alligators. We didn't see any alligators so I was a little afraid they were lurking beneath the water. That was a little scary. With four people in a skinny canoe, and two of them rocking it, it gets a little hairy. I spent most of my time white knuckling the sides of the canoe and the rest of the time mumbling threats. I knew we would flip. It was just a matter of time. Lucky for us, I ended the trip early and saved us all from becoming gator bait.
We had a great view of the water park from the middle of the pond. It was closed when we went, but I heard it would be reopening for the summer soon. It looked like a great place to cool off! Logan wanted to go and I know he would have had a blast! Maybe next time!
Disclosure: I was provided a canoe rental in exchange for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment