Thursday, June 23, 2011

WHETSTONE CHOCOLATES!

It doesn't get any sweeter than a tour of Whetstone's Chocolate Factory! This guided tour begins at 139 King Street. Tour times are:
Tuesday through Friday: 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am, 11:15 am, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm
There is a limit of 25 people per tour, so reservations are encouraged during their peak months. When I found out about this tour, I had to go. It was in my top three list of places to see/things to do! If you've been following my blog, you'll know how much I love CHOCOLATE! Getting a behind the scenes tour and getting to sample delicious chocolate made this tour a priority!

We learned so much about chocolate, from start to finish. We learned about the ingredients needed to make perfect chocolate and we learned about tempering. We learned about milk and dark chocolate and creamy cocoa butter! We were given the chance to sample a few of the chocolates and we watched the chocolate products being made. I loved hearing about the molds and hollow chocolate techniques!
Logan and Sam loved the tour. My husband and I enjoyed it too! Our guide was as sweet as the chocolate he made, and he was passionate about the quality of Whetstone Chocolates. We were too, after the tasting! My favorite is their milk chocolate and it was the creamiest ever. It melted in my mouth and it didn't leave a funny residue like some chocolates do. It melted away and left me wanting more! While pregnant with Sam, I lost my taste for dark chocolate. It always seems so bitter, even the milder dark chocolates. I actually enjoyed the dark chocolate samples from Whetstone Chocolates and I can't wait to buy a box before we leave! Visit Whetstone Chocolates and enjoy the tour! If you have time before or after the tour, grab a gelato. It's the perfect way to beat the heat!
Disclosure: We were provided passes in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment