Saturday, March 24, 2012

Guest Post: Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

Mom and dad are getting older and I want to make sure they’re safe without encroaching on their independence. It’s a really tough line to walk – on one hand I don’t want to rub them the wrong way and on the other I feel like I have a responsibility to them to keep them healthy and not worry too much about what they’re comfortable with and what they don’t want me to do, you know? at the end of the day it’s me who’s going to have to lay my head down at night being okay with what’s going on with them so I got them exede internet for their house and showed mom how to email and work a cell phone. I figure at least that way if they get into trouble of any kind they can contact me and I can figure out how to help – otherwise they’re kind of out there on their own. Who would have thought at this age mom and dad would already need help from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment