Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lynn Steward's "A Very Good Life"



I was very impressed with Lynn Steward's debut novel, "A Very Good Life." It's not a story that I would have looked for in the past, but you can be sure I will be watching for more books like this in the near future. It was absolutely wonderful! Lynn makes the characters come alive and she has a knack for putting the reader right in the middle of it all. Lynn writes in a way that makes the reader see and experience everything the characters see or feel. That takes talent and Lynn has plenty of it. There was never a dull moment and I learned so much! I felt like I was a part of Dana's group of friends, and trust me, that is a great group of friends to be around. There are a lot of strong emotions in the book and I enjoyed witnessing Dana's journey through this part of her life, through all the challenges and the ups and downs. There is strong character development and a well thought out plot. Not only do you get a story, you get an experience as well. Visit NYC in the 70's, and have a rare chance to see what life was like for women during that time. I am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. True greatness. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment