When you have varicose veins, they appear like blood vessels that are swollen, raised and large. They normally appear in your legs but can also be present in other parts of the body. You will see them purple or blue in color and the area that is normally affected is the leg.
A person can end up with varicose veins in many different ways. In most situations everything happens because of age but there are also some hereditary factors that appear or situations like excess weight or pregnancy. To put it as simple as possible, everything that puts pressure on your veins in the leg area can lead towards the development of varicose veins.
Leg veins have to carry your blood from the region to the hard. If there are varicose veins present, it means that this task is difficult and negatively affected by something. In underdeveloped countries not much is known about available treatment options and doctors do what it takes to help. However, in most situations the treatment options considered are the following:
- Stripping – A surgical procedure that will remove the varicose vein. That is normally done on larger veins that are varicose affected.
- Sclerotherapy – The vein is destroyed as a special sclerosant solution is added. Blood ends up being rerouted to the healthy veins.
- Radio-Frequency Ablation – Radio waves will be utilized on the walls of the veins. This electromagnetic energy eventually makes the vein be absorbed by the body.
- Endothermal Ablation – Energy will heat varicose vein walls. Then, a cut is done and a catheter will be guided through the vein. The radio frequency is transmitted through that catheter. Veins heat up, collapse, are closed and then sealed.
- Laser Treatment – A laser is used to apply light energy on the leg vein. That normally leads towards making veins disappear. We see laser surgery normally used on spider veins, thread veins and smaller varicose veins. The reason why that is the case is that the treatment manages to deal with the problem without adding chemicals, injections and without cutting.
Benefits Of Laser Surgery Treatment
Technology evolved a lot in the past few years. It was normally impossible to use lasers but that is possible at the moment to deal with so many conditions, including varicose veins. The main benefits associated with the use of laser treatment include:
- Treatment sessions normally last under 60 minutes.
- Only 2 treatments are necessary at a distance of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Minimal downtime.
- Fast return to the regular daily activities.
- Leg aesthetics improved.
- Results are permanent.
- Only local anesthesia is used.
- The results are visible in around 6 weeks.
When Should You Consider Laser Treatment?It is normally recommended to consider this whenever the varicose veins are not that developed. The surgery will work great whenever dealing with obesity, older age, pregnancy, family conditions, leg trauma and much more. A treatment session can be ready in just half an hour. However, that will vary based on the vein that has to be treated. To make matters even more interesting, results normally last a lifetime.