Sunday, December 16, 2012

SNOW Mountain!!!



Earlier this month, I had the chance to visit Stone Mountain with my family. I haven't been in years, but I've always wanted to take my family. I've talked about their laser show over the years and told them how impressive and unforgettable it is! When we were invited to Snow Mountain, it was a treat! Logan and Sam haven't seen snow in a couple of years. I was looking forward to playing in the snow and tubing! It took us all morning to get there, and we decided to eat lunch after checking in. If you love southern cuisine, you MUST stop at Miss Katie's!  The food is fantastic and they give you an assortment of appetizers and delicious "hand tossed" rolls! 
 After lunch, we headed to Snow Mountain and played in the snow. There were all kinds of activities for the kids and there was an area next to it for Smores! This was also the perfect place to warm up! Kids were everywhere and they all seemed to be having the time of their life! We waited until our scheduled time to hit the slopes with a family tube. There are three rows and plenty of staff to help you load up and launch! It was fun! My kids have never gone tubing on snow before and they enjoyed every minute of it.
 After a few times in the family sized tube, my little ones braved the slopes for some individual tubing! Sam had some difficulty pulling his tube, but the friendly staff helped him along the way. I was surprised at how eager they were to take off on their own. As a parent, my concern is not being able to let my kids go because I fear the environment. I stood on the side and watched them go up the hill and ride down. I never had any concerns because I could watch them almost the entire time.
After many trips down the slopes, we checked out a few shops. The Stone Mountain Glass Shop has a lot of great gifts. I found a few glass ornaments and then headed to the Trim-A-Tree Shop! It had so many ornaments I wanted!!! Next time, I to plan a full day because I didn't have enough time to shop! We decorated cookies after taking the Summit Skyride to the top of Stone Mountain. My favorite show was The Polar Express 4-D Experience! We actually saw it twice and we would have watched it a third time if time had allowed. It was a magical experience and I could feel my children's excitement growing because it made Christmas feel even closer! We also enjoyed the Singalong Christmas Train with The Gift! There were a few issues with sound, but the train ride was beautiful. It was the perfect night for it! I expected a few more lights, but the story was so special, we really didn't miss a thing! Stone Mountain had several shows and something for the entire family to enjoy. I missed the laser show, but the Snow Angel and her flight was unique and her ability to make it snow was amazing! My family will not forget the magic of that night and we can't wait to go back!
Disclosure: We received passes, a photo, and dinner during our visit. A favorable mention was not required.

For more information, special promotions and giveaways, guests are invited to “Like” Stone Mountain Park on Facebook at www.facebook.com/stonemountainpark. Listed in Frommer’s 500 Places to Visit with Your Kids Before They Grow Up and cited by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as one of “35 Natural Wonders in Georgia You Must See …,” Stone Mountain Park is located 16 miles east of downtown Atlanta. To get to the park, take I-285 to Exit 39B, Hwy. 78 East. Stone Mountain Park is off Exit 8 on Hwy. 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment