Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Britax Roundabout 55 Review!


I've had a at least one car seat in my vehicle for the last eight and a half years. That doesn't make me an expert, but I do know a few things about them. Each time I've researched car seats, Britax was always in the top two or three. While I've never owned one, I wouldn't hesitate to put my child in one. I consider them one of the safest car seats made. What I didn't realize however, is they may be the most comfortable!
I received a Britax Roundabout 55 car seat. I chose this particular color (Smokey Pearl) for a special mom-to-be. I wanted something that would look great with any car interior. I LOVE the fabric. It's very plush! The padding  is awesome! Sam sat in it and he didn't want to get up! It seemed to be very supportive and it looks like long trips would be no problem! Sam said he liked it and he wasn't even asked. He never said that about the car seat we use. I hope he isn't disappointed to find his old car seat is still in our vehicle! Rear facing, the Roundabout 55 can be used with children weighing 5-40 pounds. Forward facing, it can be used with children that are one year old and weigh 20 pounds, and used until the child weighs fifty-five pounds. It's really all you need! And trust me, you'll appreciate the tangle free harness. I wish our car seat had that feature!
Features:
SafeCell™ Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
55-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
Certified for Aircraft Travel
Made in the USA with global components
I was impressed with the quality of this car seat. While I love our car seat, this has several features that made me like the Britax even more. The padding seemed like it would be more comfortable than ours, the fabric is softer, and the harness is tangle free. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go with the Britax. And no, I didn't have to say that!
Disclosure: I was sent a car seat for a special baby shower. No monetary compensation received and honest opinions given.

No comments:

Post a Comment