Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hit The Trails With Bass Pro Shops!

Bass Pro Shops has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I remember looking through their catalog with my dad, eager to find the latest and greatest fishing products. When the store opened in Georgia, I had to check it out. I went with my family and I remember it being a great adventure! I will never forget walking through the front door and being overwhelmed by it's greatness. Years later, I can still spend all day in one of their stores and never want to leave! While I don't get out and enjoy the great outdoors as much as I used to, I always turn to my trusted source when I need outdoor products or gear. Bass Pro stands behind their products and I always feel confident with my purchases. Recently, we were outfitted with a great 3 person tent, 2 sleeping bags, and a daypack for camp! My husband and Logan were the lucky ones to review these great products. I opened the daypack and sleeping bags when they arrived and I must say, I LOVE the colors! The materials used seemed to be very durable and very lightweight. The compact Ascend™ 20º Mummy Sleeping Bag features double-layer quilted construction with hollow fiber insulation, 210T nylon diamond ripstop shell, 210T poly-taffeta lining, fully adjustable contoured hood, trapezoidal footbox, and a 3" draft tube along the zipper’s full length. It includes compression stuff sack for easy transport! My husband loved this bag, but it did get a little hot. I think it would be ideal for spring, fall, and our mild winters. Logan had no problems and he stayed bundled up all through the night! The Ascend™ Hiker 3 Ultra-Light Three Person Backpacking Tent is great when you want a quality tent at a great price. Made for adventurous outdoorsmen who like to leave the beaten path far behind, the Ascend Hiker 3 Ultra-light Three-Person Tent delivers great performance at a great price. Giving you "specialty" tent performance without the specialty price, the ultra-lightweight Hiker 3 is easy to bring along and easy to use. With 40D polyester No-see-um mesh walls and roof, 70D/190T nylon taffeta 3000mm PU-coated bathtub floor, and a 1500mm PU-coated 75D/210T polyester ripstop full rainfly, this tent delivers great airflow and protection from the elements when needed. Dual doors on the rainfly grant easy access to the Hiker 3's vestibule and dual reversed D-style doors on the tent, making it easy to enter and exit as you please. The tent features "No-see-um mesh" walls and roof for great airflow. Lightweight and sturdy anodized aluminum poles and reflective guyout cords provide a sturdy frame that sets up quickly. Tent measures 8'2'' x 5'10'' with a center height of 4' 3''. Comes with drawstring carry bag with cordlock for easy transport. Carry weight: 6 lbs. 10 oz. Grab a matching Ascend™ DX3000 Extreme Daypack! This 3000 cubic inch pack is built tough and strong. The Ascend DX3000 Extreme Daypack gives you the size and load-hauling ability needed for overnight treks or all-day hikes. Built to handle big loads in its 3000 cubic inches of space, the DX3000's PE board and aluminum stay bar provides great support behind the padded back panel with airmesh pods and work with the contoured and padded shoulder straps with sternum strap for easier hauling. The dual panel-loading main compartments feature internal zip-out mesh compartment dividers to organize gear and compression flaps to hold gear in place. Internal mesh pockets offer organization help for smaller gear. Zippered front pocket features an organizer panel. Dual side compression straps and bottom compression straps helps lock gear in place for smooth hauling. Waist belt for smoother trekking. Pack also features dual side water bottle pockets (bottles not included), daisy chain webbing, ice ax loop, and hydration compatibility (bladder not included). Durable pack is made of 600D polyester, 420D nylon, and 1680D ballistic nylon with reinforced stress areas. Color: Green/Gray. Dimensions: 22'' x 14'' x 11''. Pack features YKK reversed zippers and UTX Duraflex hardware and buckles. Carry weight 4.45 lbs. Torso length: 22''.This pack is definitely ideal for our family. It looks great too! Bass Pro Shops has all you need to Go Outdoors!
Disclosure: Last summer, Bass Pro sent an Ascend Hiker 3 tent, 2 mummy bags, and a daypack for review. A similar review was posted on The Gerber Babies Blog last year. These products have held up well and they were made to last! No monetary compensation received and honest opinions given.

No comments:

Post a Comment